Lee’s Summit, Missouri (population 95,973) is seeking highly professional and energetic candidates interested in serving as the next Administrator for the Parks and Recreation department. Located approximately 25 miles southeast of downtown Kansas City, Missouri, the city is in both Jackson and Clay Counties.
Lee’s Summit (65.87 square miles) is a community of beautiful neighborhoods, a historic downtown, and excellent schools. The outstanding quality of life in Lee’s Summit is greatly enhanced by a Gold Medal Award winning Parks and Recreation department (Department) that offers a variety of activities including 30 parks, three community centers, an outdoor Aquatics Center and manages a total of 1,200 acres. The Department is governed by a nine-person Parks and Recreation Board (Board), who are appointed to serve staggered 3-year terms by the Mayor with advice and consent of the City Council. The Administrator reports directly to the Board and is responsible for the implementation of policy and overall operations which employs 42 full-time and approximately 400 part-time and seasonal employees. The 2017 operating budget is $8.2 million with approximately $5 million (61%) derived from fees and charges and a remaining $3.2 million (39%) from property tax revenues. In addition, the Department receives approximately $3.7 million annually in sales tax revenue dedicated to debt retirement and capital projects.
The former Administrator recently retired after 38 years of service in Lee’s Summit.
The next Administrator shall:
The Board offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The salary range for the position is $110,000-$130,000 DOQ. Residency is required. Apply online to GovHR USA with your resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by December 11, 2017, to the attention of Terrence Porter.