View Our Website View All Jobs

Bozeman, MT - Water Treatment Plant Superintendent

Bozeman, MT (pop. 48,532) - The City of Bozeman is seeking a Water Treatment Plant Superintendent.  Bozeman is located in southwest Montana and serves as the county seat of Gallatin County.  Bozeman ranks fourth in population among Montana’s cities.  The city has a total area of 19.15 square miles and is centrally located between Butte, Billings and Yellowstone National Park. 


The City was listed as the #2 in “Coolest Places” by the Matador Network in 2018 largely because it is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country.  There is also an 80-mile trail system connecting Bozeman to the Bridger and Gallatin mountains. Bozeman is also ranked among the top 5 best ski towns in the world by National Geographic.  Bridger Bowl is arguably, the most successful nonprofit ski areas in the USA.  The Bozeman area is an angler’s dreamland with five major rivers, innumerable streams and abundant alpine lakes. 


The Water Division is part of the Public Services Department and the Superintendent will report to the Director of Public Works.  The City of Bozeman’s drinking water is collected from two mountain ranges and is treated in one of two water treatment plants.  Middle Creek and Sourdough Creek water is treated at the Sourdough Canyon Water Treatment Plant and Lyman Creek water is treated at the Lyman Creek Water Treatment Plant.  On average, it treats about 3.8mgd per day.  The Sourdough Canyon Plant treats water collected from Middle Creek Reservoir (Hyalite Reservoir) and Sourdough Canyon.  On average, it treats about 10mgd per day. 


The successful candidate will have the following experiences: 

  • An ability to be a critical analyst and creative thinker. Be imaginative in solving problems, encouraging, and empowering employees to find new and better ways to get work done, while also applying, maintaining, and respecting the regulatory framework that guides the delivery of clean water.
  • Be a positive and flexible team builder who is committed to the well-being of the staff, one who works with staff to identify divisional needs and find solutions which meet those challenges. 
  • A bachelor's degree in engineering, management, public administration, environmental science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university and extensive experience in water treatment processes is desired.  Seven to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in water treatment plant operations including 4 to 6 years supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is desired.  Possession of a Montana Class 1B Water Operator's Certificate or the ability to obtain one within a year of employment is a must.

The anticipated hiring salary range for the position is $78,694 - $86,477 DOQ with excellent benefits. Residency is not required, but it is highly desired.  Interested candidates should apply online by October 11, 2019 with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least five (5) professional references at to the attention of Sarah McKee, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, Suite 130, Northbrook, IL  60062. Tel: (224) 282-8310.


Click HERE for Brochure!


Posted:Sep 11, 2019

Read More

Apply for this position

Apply with Indeed
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume

Paste your resume here or Attach resume file

To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more.

Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
  • A “disabled veteran” is one of the following:
    • a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
    • a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
  • A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
  • An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
  • An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Veteran status

Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 1/31/2020
Why are you being asked to complete this form?

Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities.i To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.

If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.

How do I know if I have a disability?

You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.

Disabilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Blindness
  • Deafness
  • Cancer
  • Diabetes
  • Epilepsy
  • Autism
  • Cerebral palsy
  • Schizophrenia
  • Muscular dystrophy
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Major depression
  • Multiple sclerosis (MS)
  • Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Obsessive compulsive disorder
  • Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
  • Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Please check one of the boxes below:

You must enter your name and date
Your Name Today's Date
Reasonable Accommodation Notice

Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.

iSection 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at

PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.