View Our Website View All Jobs

Enfield, CT - Town Manager

Town Manager, Enfield, CT (44,500) The Town of Enfield, Connecticut, is a historic community situated along the beautiful Connecticut River in Hartford County.  Enfield is about 18 miles north of Hartford and eight miles south of Springfield, Massachusetts. The beautiful Town of Enfield was named and incorporated by the Colony of Massachusetts in 1683 and annexed to Connecticut in 1749.  Enfield is 33.8 square miles with a current population of approximately 44,500.  The Town of Enfield is located at the center of a two-state, three county region.  Situated midway between two major employment centers – Hartford and Springfield, MA - Enfield enjoys a superior location along Interstate Route 91, is minutes from Bradley International Airport and within a two-hour drive of both Boston and New York City.

Enfield’s location, transportation access, quality work force, land, infrastructure and business services have attracted many first-rate corporate citizens.  The Town has a diversified commercial/industrial base of manufacturing, research, engineering, distribution, service and retail facilities.  Several companies have located their corporate headquarters in Enfield. A total of approximately 2,200 businesses are located in Enfield.

Under the Council-Manager form of government, Enfield is a full-service community with approximately 454 full-time Town employees, most of whom are covered by seven collective bargaining agreements.  The annual Town budget is approximately $132 million, $64 million of which is for Town operations and includes personnel costs, capital and other expenses.  The Town Manager is appointed by and reports to an eleven-member Town Council. Candidates will be expected to have a background in administering municipal operations, particularly financial and personnel management.

The successful candidate must (pursuant to the Town’s Charter) possess the following unless otherwise noted:

  • A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, with the major field of study in public administration or government.
  • A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in public administration.
  • A Master’s Degree in Public Administration is highly desirable. 
  • Candidates should have the proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships and possess knowledge of public personnel and finance methods and procedures.
  • The ability to write technical reports and to express ideas effectively in written and oral form is also required. 

Annual compensation is $160,000 +/- DOQ.  However, the Town Council will consider a higher starting salary depending on the successful candidate's qualifications and/or experience.  The Town Council is also prepared to waive the residency requirement depending upon the circumstances of the successful candidate. Excellent benefits package.  Submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by August 24, 2018 online to GovHR USA, LLC –  Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Joellen C. Earl, CEO, GovHR USA at 847-380-3238.

Click HERE for Brochure!

Posted:Aug 8, 2018

Read More

Apply for this position

Apply with Indeed
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume

Paste your resume here or Attach resume file

To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more.

Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
  • A “disabled veteran” is one of the following:
    • a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
    • a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
  • A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
  • An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
  • An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Veteran status

Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 1/31/2020
Why are you being asked to complete this form?

Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities.i To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.

If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.

How do I know if I have a disability?

You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.

Disabilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Blindness
  • Deafness
  • Cancer
  • Diabetes
  • Epilepsy
  • Autism
  • Cerebral palsy
  • Schizophrenia
  • Muscular dystrophy
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Major depression
  • Multiple sclerosis (MS)
  • Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Obsessive compulsive disorder
  • Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
  • Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Please check one of the boxes below:

You must enter your name and date
Your Name Today's Date
Reasonable Accommodation Notice

Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.

iSection 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at

PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.