Lancaster, PA (Pop. 61,564) - The City of Lancaster is located in south central Pennsylvania and serves as the county seat of Lancaster County and is one of the oldest inland towns in the United States. The city has a total area of 7.4 square miles and is centrally located between Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia.
The City was listed as the #32 in “Best Places to Live in the U.S.” by Newsweek in 2018 and Lancaster County was named #1 “Best Place in the Country to Retire” by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. Additionally, Forbes ranked it “14 Best Places to Travel in the U.S.” in 2019.
The Water Utility is part of the Public Works Department and the Water Utility Manager will report to the Director of Public Works. The Manager is responsible maintaining and operating the City’s Water Bureau. The Bureau treats and delivers water to the residents of Lancaster as well as nine surrounding townships. The Susquehanna River accounts for about 60% of the water source while the Conestoga River accounts for the other 40%. There are approximately 620 linear feet of water lines with four major boosting sites delivered by two water treatment plants with a capacity of 36 mgd and an average daily demand of 21 mgd.
The Bureau has approximately 75 allocated full-time employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $27.8M through the Water Fund (enterprise). Approximately 70% of the employees within the bureau are represented by AFSCME. The City is in the process of changing to a radio frequency automatic read system for their meters. Additionally, the City has consistently invested capital funds in the system with recent upgrades for back up power at the plants, a redundant main to the Susquehanna River, a new building to house employees and equipment and yearly line replacement projects.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experiences:
The anticipated hiring salary range for the position is $90,000 - $123,271 DOQ with excellent benefits. Residency is not required, but it is highly desired. Interested candidates should apply online by August 30, 2019 with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least five (5) professional references to www.GovHRJobs.com and to the attention of Sarah McKee, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: (224) 282-8310.
Posted:Aug 1, 2019