Fairfield, Ohio (population 42,617) is seeking highly professional and energetic candidates interested in serving as the next Parks and Recreation Director. Fairfield is located in Butler County approximately 25 miles north of Cincinnati, Ohio. The former Director recently retired after 40 years of service in Fairfield.
Fairfield (21.6 square miles) a community of beautiful neighborhoods, outstanding parks and excellent schools, is rated as one of the top communities in Ohio for first time home owners. The outstanding quality of life in Fairfield is greatly enhanced by a nationally accredited Parks and Recreation Department (CAPRA) that offers a variety of activities including 37 parks, a community arts center, a historic mansion, an outdoor aquatics center, 40-acre fishing lake, 18-hole championship golf course and adjacent 9-hole executive course. The Parks and Recreation Department manages a total of approximately 800 acres.
The City has a seven-person appointed advisory Parks and Recreation Board. The Parks and Recreation Director serves as the staff liaison to the Parks Board. The Director is appointed, reports directly to the City Manager and is responsible for the implementation of policy and overall operations of the Department which employs 21 full-time and approximately 150 part-time/seasonal employees. The recreation facilities are operated under an enterprise fund concept with user charges set by the Parks Board to ensure adequate coverage of expenses and payments on outstanding debt. The 2018 Parks and Recreation operating budget is $5 million with approximately $2.6 million (52%) derived from fees and charges and the remaining $2.4million (48%) from general fund revenues. In addition, the Department has a five-year capital improvement budget averaging $1.3 million annually.
The next Director shall:
The City offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The salary range for the position is $90,000-120,000 DOQ. Apply online to GovHR USA with your resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by June 9, 2018, to the attention of Terrence Porter.
Posted:May 07, 2018